Advanced search: How to find tasks, which don't have any time estimation

Martin Langwieder September 25, 2015

Hallo,

we are doing our time estimation in JIRA 6.1.5.

In my use case, i want to search for tasks, which have no time estimation. That sounds pretty simple, but: if we are using sub tasks, the time estimations of the sub tasks are aggregated and shown in the grouping task. So this task has also a time estimation.

How can I create a search query, which shows me only tasks, which have no time estimation. The decribed tasks shouldn't be in the result as well.

Thanks a lot,

Martin

1 answer

1 vote
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2015

Following should work even though its subtasks has an original estimate. The estimate you see on the issue page is just an aggregated view. query does not check it, it only checks original estimate entered to issue itself.

originalEstimate is EMPTY
Martin Langwieder September 27, 2015

Thanks for the answer. But I've already tried with this search criteria and it doesn't work. My search criteria is the following: project in (...) AND issuetype in (Task, Sub-task) and originalEstimate is EMPTY As result, i'm getting also tasks, where the task hasn't got an estimation, but it's subtasks. But I'm not interested in these tasks...

Suggest an answer