Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Advanced roadmaps: progress bar showing wrong metrics

Edited

We have the problem in the headline: the progress bar in the advanced roadmaps show the wrong metrics. So, when I hover over a progress bar on the advanced roadmaps, this popup:

wrong advanced roadmaps metrics.png

is not correct. I have found some related topic on the support database which tackles exactly that problem, but that answer only appllies to Jira server and data center and we have the cloud suscription. I have tried finding the solution that applies to us which no luck so far. Could any kind soul :) point me to the right direction, please?

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs Community Leader May 05, 2022

Hi @Jose Gorchs ,

As it says in the remark: Progress may not be accurate due to unestimated issues. You have 1/4 unestimated issues, so progress is calculated on the 3 estimated issues (totaling 15 points)

hi @Dave Mathijs , well, that is the problem: there are no unestimated issues in the EPIC (I have checked it several times!) that is exactly the problem.: that the information shown in that popup is not accurate

let me try to show a more compelling example. Check this screencap here:

linked ssues.jpg

as you can see the epic has 3 tasks listed on the advanced roadmaps. That is correct, if I open in epic I can see those tasks:

linked ssues.jpg

the three tasks are estimated (5 points each), so, 15 in total as the popup says. 

But as you can see, according to the popup, you would expect to see at least 4 tasks. the 3 estimated ones plus another one (the unestimated one). Which is not the case.

Also, it happens that in many cases, the story points are not added correctly and consequentyly the progress bar is not right. 

Dave Mathijs Community Leader May 05, 2022

Thanks for the clarification, that is strange indeed as estimation happen on the tasks, not on the Epic itself.

here are two more screencaps that show how strange it is indeed:

This is the popup in the advanced roadmaps

linked ssues AR.jpg

So, according to the progress bar, the EPIC is 18 points, , 44% done and  4 estimated issues.

If you open the EPIC (directly from  the link in that advanced roadmaps) you get this:

linked ssues EPIC.jpg

Now the EPIC is 9 points, 66% done and only has 3 tasks (all are estimated).

So, nothing seems to make sense. 

Just like I said at the begining of the thread, in the knowledge base there is an entry which seems address exactly this problem. So, it looks like it is a known problem, but the solution provided does not apply to the cloud version that we use. What is the solution for the cloud based customers?

Any updates on twhy this could be happening @Dave Mathijs ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you