Advanced attachment permission configuration

Dmitry Kuzmin November 22, 2017

We have a reconcilation process implemented in jira and we need to stop attachments creating from ordinar users from  some point. But still allowing attachments creating for process owner

In other words, permission chema is configured to allow attachment creating for two roles. How can i deny attachment creating for only one role of those in certain statuses or on any other condition?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2017

The only other way to restrict when an issue in Jira can have attachments added to it would be through the use of workflow properties

You could add a property such as

jira.permission.attach.group = Group-name

To all the statuses after a certain point in the workflow.   When this is set, only users in that specific group can add attachments to that issue, when in that status.   So this method could help in your case.  However if the issue can be transitioned back to a previous beginning state, then in theory users could still add attachments at that point.

I also had a related thread on this issue in

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/jira-permission-attach-property/qaq-p/646695

I hope this helps,

Andy

Dmitry Kuzmin November 30, 2017

Thanks! That is exactly what i was looking for.

Suggest an answer