Advanced Search with Firefox 16.0.

Ulrich October 23, 2012

If I change from normal search to advanced search with Firefox 16.0.1 by clicking to advanced, the advanced search panel doesn't appears. If I do the same with Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browser, by click to advanced, the advanced search panel box appears correct. What is the reason?

If I use attlassian support site https://support.atlassian.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa, the advanced search panel appears also correct with Firefox 16.0.1.

Is it a JIRA configuration and/or a browser configuration problem?

We use JIRA (v4.4.5#665-sha1:422aead)

1 answer

0 votes
Penny Wyatt (On Leave to July 2021)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2012

Hi Ulrich,

I can't reproduce this in JIRA 4.4.5 with FireFox 16.0.1 on Windows 7 on my test instance.

Some things to consider:

• Does everyone with FireFox 16.0.1 in your organisation experience the same issue?
  • Do you see any JavaScript errors in the browser console (CTRL-SHIFT-K)?
  • Do you have any custom plugins installed on the JIRA instance that could be messing things up?
  • Have you tried clearing the cookies/cache on that one browser?

Cheers,
Penny

PS. As a point of interest, the latest version of FireFox available when JIRA 4.4 was released was FireFox 3.6.19! As the browsers change so dramatically in such a short amount of time, things will eventually stop working in older JIRA releases when used with the latest browsers. In a way, I preferred the old days when browsers updated every few years rather than every few hours :-)

Suggest an answer