• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Advanced Search JQL regarding linkshierarchyIssues() for a Kanban Board

Hello,

I am currently making a Kanban board filter for a large Platform project with multiple development cross teams involved, but I am having trouble narrowing down the results to the story level. Below is the Hierarchy of our Ticket set up, hopefully this helps. All of our Development teams have their own Project types and will be creating stories under there individual Epics (the Epics are linked to the Large Platform ticket). Under the Individual team Epics they will be creating stories, and those are what I want to track in the Kanban Board.

1. Platform-XYZ (type: project)
    1. Adserver: Epic-ABC (type: Epic)
      1. Adserver: Story-123
      2. Adserver: Story-456
        1. Adserver: Subtask-abc
    2. UI: Epic-DEF
      1. UI: Story -123
      2. UI: Story-456
    3. Datawarehouse: Epic-GHI

I've used the JQL of:[ issue in linksHierarchyIssue(PLATFORM-XYZ) ] as a starting off point and it is returning the Epic level tickets, which are populating in my Epics Panel, but it is not showing any of the issues created under the Epic. Feels like I'm just missing one extra piece to the JQL but I don't know what it is, please help. 

Thank you 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I was able to resolve my issue. I put my original filter issue in linksHierarchyIssue(PLATFORM-XYZ) ] into a second new JQL of [ issue in linksHierarchyFilter("86355") ], 86355 is the filter ID of my original. so this second new JQL is now powering my Kanban board and all ticket types are flowing in nicely.

Hi @Michael Gilmartin 

If you would be interested in a ready made solution, you may want to try out our add-on to manage multiple Epics and their hierarchy on a single page.

Agile Tools - Epic Tree and Time in Status 

Manage and visualize your Epics with rolled up estimate progress reports.

Key features:

• Epic Sum
  • Configure progress % calculation on either "remaining estimate" or "original estimates"
  • Epic Tree directly on Issue Screen
  • Display and manage Epics/Issues of your project
  • Real time edit option for Issue summary, status, time estimates, story points and assignee on the tree on the Epic Hierarchy
  • Rolled up percentage completion and at issue level as well
  • JQL support for Epic Hierarchy screen
  • Time in Status report using JQL
  • Issue Tracker to view complete transitions on your issue screen
    • Status Transition : View all the status changes in a single tab along with average time and count in each status. Switch between graphical and tabular view to make more out of the data.
    • Assignee Transition : View all the assignees for the issue along with the time for which the issue was with each assignee. Switch between graphical and tabular view to make more out of the data.

Epic Hierarchy Screen_Cloud_Edit.png

Epic Hierarchy_Issue Screen_Cloud.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you