Advanced Search: All issues I did not vote on

Jill Pate September 5, 2012

I would like a filter to show the current user which issues they did not vote on yet.

Project = X

Issue Type = Y

This is what I have and it doesn't work:

project = "X" AND issuetype = "Y" AND voter != currentUser()

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
TimT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012

Jobin's suggestion is good, but you could also try this:

project = "X" AND issuetype = "Y" AND (voter != currentUser() OR voter is EMPTY)

The example you gave will only find issues where someone has voted, but the current user hasn't, but will leave out any issues with no voters at all. The reason this works and the original doesn't is a peculiarity of how JQL treats empty fields and equality. When there are no voters, both "voter = currentUser()" and "voter != currentUser()" evaluate to false, but "voter is EMPTY" or "voter is NULL" will evaluate to true.

This may seem non-intuitive, but it's consistent with the way SQL treats null values, and since JQL is modelled after SQL, the architects decided that it would be important to keep the SQL semantics in JQL.

Jill Pate September 6, 2012

So glad you responded - works great!!

Thank you

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012

Try this:

key not in votedIssues() and project = X and issuetype = Y

Suggest an answer