Advanced Mail Handler

Karen Markosyan October 29, 2012

Hello,

I work at Macadamian company.

Previously we were using JIRA 4.0 with Advanced mail handler below -

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JMH/JIRA+Advanced+Mail+Handler

Now we are planning to upgrade JIRA version to 5.1 and as I assume this Advanced mail handler will not work for new sdk.

My question is if there is any other similar mail handler or if there are any plans to upgrade this mail handler.

Best Regards

Karen

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2012

Hi Karen,

I believe the modern equivalent of the Advanced Mail Handler plugin is the JIRA Enterprise Mail Handler plugin, which is compatible with JIRA v5.1.x but unfortunately this plugin isn't available on the OnDemand platform due to our OnDemand plugin policy, so if this question is related to OnDemand as suggested then I'm sorry to say that there isn't really a comparable plugin available but if you are using a self-hosted instance of JIRA then you can use the Enterpise Mail Handler plugin.

All the best,
John

Mike Harrison _The Plugin People_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2016

Hello,

For anyone reading this question now, JIRA Enterprise Mail Handler does indeed have a cloud based version of the add-on: JEMHCloud.

Mike

IT Support August 11, 2016

Hi John,

I am trying to configure JIRA mail handler and succeeded but when outside of my company users/clients sends an email to my support email id the ticket is creating but they are not receiving any notification/ticket number.

Can you please help me on this, i am very new to Jira.

Thanks in advance.

Harish Kallem

Ph: 919-263-2566 | Ext 116

+91 9700131754

Suggest an answer