Advanced JIRA Query

Matt Ashfield April 30, 2015

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help with a JQL to return the following (that can be exported to Excel/CSV):

All JIRA Story’s and their LinkedIssues and Linked Issue Types and Summary. So for example:

Issue

Type

Summary

LinkedIssue

LinkedIssueType

LinkedIssueSummary

JIRA-123

Story

‘Create a thing’

JIRA-321

Sub-Task

Do some stuff

JIRA-123

Story

‘Create a thing’

JIRA-456

Sub-Task

Do some other stuff

JIRA-123

Story

‘Create a thing’

JIRA-789

Sub-Task

Do some more stuff

JIRA-123

Story

‘Create a thing’

JIRA-741

Task

Do some stuff with code

JIRA-987

Story

‘Create another thing’

JIRA-852

Sub-Task

Do some stuff for money

JIRA-987

Story

‘Create another thing

JIRA-999

Task

Do some stuff

The results would have to come from a filter like ‘Project=JIRA and Type=Story…..and then the magic’

;-)

Kind Regards

Matt Ashfield

2 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2015

Hello, this seems like a two-part question.

First and foremost, you can save columns to a filter. Please check out this documentation because I cannot summarize it better: JIRA: Using Filters - Defining a filter-specific column order. This means you can save a query and have it return specific data (Filter-specific columns + JQL = Data Slice).

Secondly, a function of the Export (Current Fields) in the Export menu is to only export columns that are on the issue navigator screen.

image2015-4-30 12:50:19.png 

So, if you create your JQL, save it as a filter, save the columns you want, and export (current fields) you will get what you asked for. smile

0 votes
Philip Schlesinger April 30, 2015

If you're seeking a particular list of columns, to my knowledge that's not programmable as a JQL query string.  You set that in the Columns drop-down.  You can then use the Export drop-down to specify the export format.

Now if memory serves me, you can specify which columns to use if you set up a JIRA query in Confluence.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2015

The JIRA macro for Confluence can set columns as well yes. :)

Suggest an answer