Advanced Filter Jira

Darla Sheehan June 7, 2017

Hi,

Need a filter that shows me the following:

All issues in a specific project, that have no comments, created time 5 m ago.

I have this so far - 

project = TEST AND issueFunction in hasComments(-1)

How do I state created time = created time plus 5 minutes?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2017

created < -5m

Will give you "created more than five minutes ago"

Darla Sheehan June 7, 2017

Thanks Nic! That really helped.

My end goal of creating this filter is so that I can use it for hipchat integration. Basically, I want a specific issue type from a Jira software project to send a hipchat notification if a newly created issue has been sitting there more than 5 minutes without a comment added.

• In theory, should I be able to use this exact query below in the hipchat integration area of the project?
  • And will it only send the notification 1 time to the room, or does it send it over and over again since it is "more than 5 minutes"?
    • Should I change it to "created = -5m" to have it only send a message to the room only once for each issue when it hits that 5 minute mark?

project = Request AND issuetype = Alert AND issueFunction in hasComments(-1) AND createdDate = -5m

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2017

I don't know how you're doing the hipchat integration, so I don't know if it will keep repeating the notification.

The query snippet I gave you will continue to report the issue whenever the query is run, so I suspect it will send it repeatedly (until there's a comment anyway). 

If you want to fix it at a query level, then yes, you should time-box the query, but there is a problem with "= -5m" - the query would have to run exactly 5 minutes after creation to catch it.

Because I don't know how you're doing the integration, I can't really tell you how to fix it.  If it's doing something like "run the query every 2 minutes", then you could say "createddate < -5m and createddate > -7m", but that might miss the odd one, so I'd go with createddate < -5m and createddate > -8m" and risk the occasional duplicate

Suggest an answer