Advance search for custom field

Lakshmi Kiran Ponnapalli January 23, 2013

Hi

We added a new filed for existing screen and i am encounter an issue with EMPTY field search. The issue details is bellow.

1. Added a new custom list box field for screen story issue type.

2. Trying to modify the existing recores under issue type story for specified team

Ex 1> project = xxxx and issuetype = story and team in (xxxxx) . for this query i got 30 records and its include the new filed records

Ex 2> project = xxxx and issuetype = story and team in (xxxxx) and customfield is EMPTY . for this query showing No records found

just to add if i am adding customfield is not empty / null its working as expected.

We are using jira 4.x and i know jira 4.x allow EMPTY / NULL values search. What i am missing here

Please advise

Thanks

Lakshmi K

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lakshmi Kiran Ponnapalli February 26, 2013

I tried background index it seems its working

darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2013

Glad that it work for you :) Please vote and accept my answer if possible. Thanks

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2013

Hi there

Can you try this query:

project = xxxx and issuetype = story and team in (xxxxx) and customfield != empty

Lakshmi Kiran Ponnapalli January 23, 2013

Thanks for response

YES. I did

!= EMPTY is working. Only = EMPTY is having issue.

darylchuah
Atlassian Team
January 23, 2013

Can you try running background reindexing and try to run the query again.

Suggest an answer