Advance search for custom field

Hi

We added a new filed for existing screen and i am encounter an issue with EMPTY field search. The issue details is bellow.

1. Added a new custom list box field for screen story issue type.

2. Trying to modify the existing recores under issue type story for specified team

Ex 1> project = xxxx and issuetype = story and team in (xxxxx) . for this query i got 30 records and its include the new filed records

Ex 2> project = xxxx and issuetype = story and team in (xxxxx) and customfield is EMPTY . for this query showing No records found

just to add if i am adding customfield is not empty / null its working as expected.

We are using jira 4.x and i know jira 4.x allow EMPTY / NULL values search. What i am missing here

Please advise

Thanks

Lakshmi K

2 answers

1 accepted

I tried background index it seems its working

Daryl Chuah Atlassian Team Feb 26, 2013

Glad that it work for you :) Please vote and accept my answer if possible. Thanks

0 vote
Daryl Chuah Atlassian Team Jan 23, 2013

Hi there

Can you try this query:

project = xxxx and issuetype = story and team in (xxxxx) and customfield != empty

Thanks for response

YES. I did

!= EMPTY is working. Only = EMPTY is having issue.

Daryl Chuah Atlassian Team Jan 23, 2013

Can you try running background reindexing and try to run the query again.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

76 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you