Advance JQL

aogunlusi May 27, 2021

Trying to create an advance query where I can exclude other projects with the same Outcome ID. Want to remove everything that has to do with "xoom" project and only keep the "RTB" from that outcome Id If possible.

issue in childIssuesOf(SOL-11054) OR issue in childIssuesOf(SOL-11055) OR issue in childIssuesOf(SOL-11056) OR "Outcome ID" ~ P-361805 OR issue in childIssuesOf(SOL-9634) OR issue in childIssuesOf(SOL-10425) OR issue in childIssuesOf(SOL-10453) OR issue in childIssuesOf(SOL-10452) OR "Outcome ID" ~P-310803 OR issue in childIssuesOf(SOL-8589) OR "Outcome ID" ~P-429209

MY RESULT 

Hopefully I am making sense.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

Hi @aogunlusi ,

Welcome to the community. 

I'm not sure what exactly the question if.

And I can't check the result, because I don't have access to your site.

But if your query gives you the right issues at all but only for too many projects, you can use 

project != xoom and (your query here).

aogunlusi May 31, 2021

Hi @Bastian Stehmann 

project != xoom and (project = HT-Hyperwallet-CloudOps AND issuetype != Epic OR description is EMPTY)

or

project != xoom and project = HT-Hyperwallet-CloudOps AND issuetype != Epic OR description is EMPTY

like that? If so, neither worked.

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2021

First, I don't see the outcome ID here, so I'm not sure, if this is the same query we are talking about?

But looking at your query, I think this is an issue with the AND and OR.

So just to be sure to understand, what you want to achieve.

Do you want 

a) all issues from the HT-Hyperwallet-CloudOps project and that are not epics or do not have a description? Then you could do it like this:

project = HT-Hyperwallet-CloudOps AND (issuetype != Epic OR description is EMPTY)

You don't have to filter for the xoom project in this case, because only issues from HT-Hyperwallter-CloudOps will be selected.

b) all issues from HT-Hyperwallet-CloudOps that are not epics or all issues from projects (except xoom), that have no description? This could be like this:

(project = HT-Hyperwallet-CloudOps AND issuetype != Epic) OR (project != xoom and description is EMPTY)

Or if you need something else, please try to explain that.

Suggest an answer