Administrator user does not have full administrator permissions after import from OnDemand

Todd Breiholz April 23, 2012

We setup JIRA and imported our data from our OnDemand instance. Now when I log in as administrator, I am not seeing all of the administrator functions (e.g. install plugins, license details). Under Global Permissions, the administrators group has the JIRA Administrators permission. I've tried logging in with several members of that group but I still do not see the administrator functions.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Todd Breiholz April 24, 2012

I was reading the permissions page wrong. My admin user had JIRA Administrator permissions not JIRA System Administrator permissions. Atlassian support pointed me to this page to figure out which user(s) have System Administrator permissions: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Retrieving+the+JIRA+Administrator

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2012

Don't forget to mark the answer as correct in order to help other users.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2012

Hi, could you check if the Global Permission 'Jira System Administrator' is assigned to that group and check if the user that was an Administrator is in fact in the group that has the 'Jira System Administrator' permission assigned?

Suggest an answer