Administrator privileges are required?

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2013

I have a script that validates an action against a list of members defined in JIRA.

Last Friday, that script worked.

Now, that script, using the same credentials, does not, and I get an error

{"errorMessages":["You are not authorized to perform this action. Administrator privileges are required."],"errors":{}}

So I figured Atlassian made a change requiring Administrative access to get a list of users.

I granted administrative access to a virtual user, just to see if that solved the problem.

It does not.

Anybody got any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013

To get a list of users, you need "Browse Users" global permission. Not administration rights.

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2013

The credentials I'm using are part of a group that has the "Browse Users" global permission. I'd think that Administrative rights already included that permission.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2013

It does not. Admin rights give you the ability to administrate the system. Browsing users is something for the end-users of the system

As an admin, you can list the users, add/update/delete them, search for them and so-on, but "browse user" rights applies to the handling of user fields in the issue data.

Anyway, you say you're in a "browse users" group, so that should not be the problem. You may need to start looking in the logs.

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2013

Interesting. Well, since this is OnDemand, I can't do that. Perhaps it's time to raise an issue with Atlassian.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2013

Ah, sorry, I missed the tag. Yes, this should be with Atlassian support because it sounds like your REST process should be able to "browse users".

Suggest an answer