Administrator is not able to access the project, throws "internal server error" when viewing issues

Lukas Jan Marek November 13, 2019

Hi,

I am a project administrator and when I access newly created project this happens

• I can't see any boards (message: We're having troubles connecting you to your boards)
  • On the main page it says that the project is not available
  • When I try to add new User story into the project. It is successfully created but I can't see it anywhere.
  • When I navigate to "Issues and filters" I get "Internal Server Error"Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 15.22.18.png

Here is what I tried without success

• I tried creating new project from scratch
  • I tried assigning the Administrator role to a different person
  • I tried gaining the full JIRA administrator rights 
  • I tried creating a different Permissions scheme with adding the role Administrator (myself) to basically every option

Any ideas how to solve this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2019

@Lukas Jan Marek 

Are you a board admin?

Were you granted a license to use Jira Software?

When was the last time you were able to perform the tasks above without issues?

Best,

Fadoua

Lukas Jan Marek November 14, 2019

Are you a board admin?

-> I am not sure. I am a project administrator and think that that should be enough? I did not find any Board administration setting in the Permission schema I am using for the project

-> This is a Jira of our customer and I was invited by him to the JIRA. So the licensing is on their side i suppose.

-> Actually never. Originally we created the Next-gen project, but we were missing a lot of functionality there so we created a new classic project and from then I am experiencing this issues. I tried also accessing other projects that are created and I have the same issues there.

Are you a board admin?

-> I am not sure. I am a project administrator and think that that should be enough? I did not find any Board administration setting in the Permission schema I am using for the project

-> This is a Jira of our customer and I was invited by him to the JIRA. So the licensing is on their side i suppose.

-> Actually never. Originally we created the Next-gen project, but we were missing a lot of functionality there so we created a new classic project and from then I am experiencing this issues. I tried also accessing other projects that are created and I have the same issues there.

Thank you for replying. My replies are below:

Are you a board admin?

-> I don't know. But I am a project administrator so that I think should cover it. I did not find anywhere an option to add me as an Board admin in the permission scheme.

-> This Jira is licensed by our customer so I was invited to this. So I guess that the licensing is under them. And they have many other projects running so they should have the licensing sorted out.

-> Actually never. We were using Next-gen project but it was lacking quite a lot o functionalities that we needed, to we decided to migrate to Classic project and there I started having these issues. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2019

GM @Lukas Jan Marek 

Are you a board admin?

Being a Project Admin doesn't make you automatically a Board Admin. Who ever created the board need to add you to the board as an Admin

Well in this situation it is different. If they sent you an invite I will assume they granted you access

The Jira Admin needs to take a look at the logs and see what's going on. It looks like either it is a permission issue or project issue.

Anyone else having the same problem from your team? I was thinking you are the Jira Admin because taking a look at the logs will help us a lot in the troubleshooting. I suggest to report your issue to the Jira Admin. 

Please let me know if there is a way to access the logs.

Best,

Fadoua

Lukas Jan Marek November 19, 2019

Hi, I am not able to find the logs. But I tried different approach:

I am right now a site admin

1. I create new classic project (SCRUM template)

2. Right after that I get redirected to the project page and it says that the Project is not available. How is this possible if I just created the project?

Screenshot 2019-11-19 at 10.01.03.pngThank you very much for help.

Is it possible that we arrange a quick call on hangouts please? I think that it would be something that you would help me solve in 15 minutes. Thank you very much!

Like Fadoua likes this
0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2019

@Lukas Jan Marek

Sure not a problem give me like 30 to 35 min and let’s try my hangout 

fadoua.boualem@gmail.com

I have send you the invitation and I will be ready

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2019

@Lukas Jan Marek  I didn't receive any invite however I am logged in at the moment to my Gmail

I wrote you a message also from my account: lukisjama@gmail.com

Suggest an answer