Administrator can or can't see user- or group- enabled dashboards?

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2014

I have a user who I believe has created dashboards for one of the groups he's a member of - but I don't seem to be able to find it, and I'm a member of the Administrators group.

If I search by author, I get zero results. Can it somehow be hidden?

I'm OnDemand, if that matters.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2014

As a user, you can only see dashboards that are shared with you.

As an administrator, you can see all dashboards, but you have to go via Administration -> Shared dashboards and filters, as you're acting as a system admin and not a user.

Deleted user May 19, 2017

that's super stupid that as an admin you do not get the standard user's level of access. A dashboard, even for an admin, is to be shared with any member of the group through the same channel.

What you're saying is the admin's 'dashboard' access in the interface is useless as it only provides access to the dashboards he owns ?! even more twisted...

I hope the platform evolves to integrate that a shared dashboard, once edited, is to be viewed by all groups of users.

Deleted user May 19, 2017

I even tested including the admin as part of the jira software users group, so as to have dashboards appear, it doesn't by default.

You have to specifically search for the board's name to make it appear (why on earth can't you have a list of the shared dashboards available to users ???!!!) and then select it as a prefered dashboard.

0 votes
yunfeng guo January 27, 2014

Hi LeeC,

Does he 'share' his dashboard or he just creates a 'private' dashboard.

Suggest an answer