Administrator & System Adminsitrators - how to create later

NickW July 29, 2012

Hi All....

I have been trying to create a system administrator following this:

1. Create a new group (e.g. called jira-system-administrators).
  2. Add to the jira-system-administrators group everyone who needs to have the JIRA System Administrators permission.
  3. Grant the JIRA System Administrators permission to the jira-system-administrators group.
  4. Remove the JIRA System Administrators permission from the jira-administrators group.
  5. (Optional, but recommended for ease of maintenance) Remove from the jira-administrators group everyone who is a member of the jira-system-administrators group.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Global+Permissions

Steps 1 and 2 all done.... but I don't understand step 3.... maybe its just been a long day and I am missing the obvious...

Many thanks

Nick

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2012

Hi Nick, it means grant the system administrator permission that it is inside the Global Permissions to the jira-system-administrators group.

Global Permissions is inside the Administrator section.

NickW July 29, 2012

OK... now I feel very stuipid!!!! Laughs at self.....

Thanks Ramiro

kesavan bakthavatsalam October 19, 2015

Hi, Please ;let me know the step by step procedure for step 3 and 4 i.e: How to Grant the JIRA System Administrators permission to the jira-system-administrators group. Also how to remove the JIRA System Administrators permission from the jira-administrators group? Thanks, Kesavan

Davide Graziosi March 12, 2019

up for me too

thanks

Suggest an answer