Administrator Guide for JIRA 7.X

A March 6, 2016

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have the link for the JIRA Administrators Guide applicable for version 7.x ?

Whenever I do a search over the internet, it leads me to the versions 6.4 and below.

Was looking for steps to integrate microsoft active directory with user management in JIRA and found that some of the terms are not there like "Read Only", "Read only, with Local Groups", "Read/Write".

What I wanted is to use microsoft AD as authentication method, without wiping out the names/user id of the accounts previously created and currently existing in JIRA.

At 6.4, the step suggested using a type with this value 'Internal with LDAP Authentication'. Could not find it in JIRA 7.x settings, hence I needed the updated Administrators Guide, or if someone can help explain the new terminologies that must be used.

Thanks in advance. smile

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2016
1 vote
Rusi Popov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2016

Add and configure another User Directory -> Microsoft Active Directory (Read Only, with Local Groups).

This will import the LDAP users, still keeping the local groups and users.

A March 6, 2016

Thank you.

Suggest an answer