Administration user in Internal directory cannot log into JIRA

David Toussaint _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

Hi guys,

I tried the following setting with many customers and it was working fine. Though, one customer is recently having trouble with this:

• I connect JIRA/Confluence to an LDAP/Crowd and use this as primary directory
  • Internal directory is used as well but only for administration purpose, the local administration user is stored here

Now the problem is, if I log onto the application as regular user (from LDAP/Crowd) all is fine, also with a user with system administration rights. Yet if I use the admin user from the internal directory I cannot even log onto the target application. Here is what I checked already:

• The user exists in the internal directory and only there (not in LDAP/crowd)
  • The user has both system admin and the log onto jira global permissions
  • The user does not have the username 'admin'

All looks good for me yet it does not work like this. Can any of you guys give me a hint what's missing?

BTW this is JIRA 5.2.x/Confluence 4.3/Crowd 2.6

Thanks a lot already!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Stelzner [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

Hi David,

the problem and a workaround is described here. You can vote for CONF-28031 and JRA-25030 to fix this bug.

Michael

0 votes
fsim
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2013

Hey David,

Only possibility here is if SSO is turned on in JIRA (WEB-INF/classes/seraph-config.xml). (Turning it on will cause JIRA to ignore the Internal Directory completely). Turning it off should resolve the issue.

Suggest an answer