Administration password expires every day after couple of hours

muddukrishna muddukrishna June 24, 2015

Hi Team,

I am facing issue with my Administration password expires  every day after couple of hours.

So each time i have to reset password for administration, from my team i am the only the member facing the issue.

I tried to disable and enable admin rights , but no luck.

So please help me with priority

Thanks,

Krishna MM

4 answers

1 vote
Matthew Stublefield
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2015

Hi Krishna. A few questions:

• What are you using for authentication/IAM? JIRA Internal? Crowd? LDAP?
  • Is the account that is expiring stored in the same user directory as the accounts that are not expiring?
  • Are you using any add-ons for security such as Password Policy for JIRA?

I've not run into this with the JIRA Internal Directory, but I've seen accounts do this when syncing from an external directory and either something has gotten cached wrong or isn't syncing right. Removing and re-adding the user directory connection sometimes helps (note you'll need an internal admin account that's working, and this can be a risky process even with that.) Deleting the account to recreate/re-add it is not advised because that can break a lot of things.

0 votes
Matthew Stublefield
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2015

Any errors in the logs? I'm not able to find anything reported by anyone else, so this seems to be a localized problem or an unreported bug.

Have you submitted a support request to Atlassian? That may be the best next step in this case.

0 votes
muddukrishna muddukrishna July 3, 2015

Team Any updates  for my query.

0 votes
muddukrishna muddukrishna June 25, 2015
Matthew Stublefield,
Please find answers for you queries, Please provide solution with high priority.

• What are you using for authentication/IAM? JIRA Internal? Crowd? LDAP?
 >>  JIRA Internal Directory
  • Is the account that is expiring stored in the same user directory as the accounts that are not expiring?

>>Yes Under same directory.

• Are you using any add-ons for security such as Password Policy for JIRA? 

>> NO , Verified there is no any add-ons.

Suggest an answer