Administration-> Jira Import!

Brenda Cooney August 18, 2014

Dear Customer Support -

We have a Jira OnDemand Setup with multiple existing projects. I want to import old Mantis tickets into the new Jira OnDemand system.

I created a local standalone instance of Jira and imported Mantis issues. I now want to import these issues in Jira OnDemand.

I goto 'Administration->Jira Import' and begin the process. However, two pieces of information is scaring me:

"This operation will delete all existing JIRA data (including attachments, avatars and logos, if selected) in your JIRA instance."

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Importing+Issues

"This import procedure overwrites all the existing data and configuration in JIRA Cloud and cross-application settings."

I've read all the tickets about this issue. Can you please tell me if i goto 'Administration->System->Jira Import' and follow the wizard. Will the current projects in Jira OnDemand get overwritten??

Note: all data has been uploaded to webdav.

A speedy response is much appreciated.

Brenda

1 answer

0 votes
Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2014

everything will be deleted and the data will be imported.

Hi John -

Thanks! How do I prevent all the data that currently resides in Jira OnDemand from getting deleted while i import this additional project?

Brenda

Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2014

Single project import is a restricted function in OnDemand. Once you import the data in your OnDemand, it will overwrite all existing data.

You could either export your OnDemand data and merge it with the self hosted or consider the CSV option (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/136003/merge-jira-on-demand-instance-with-another-self-hosted-jira-instance).

Thanks Abdoulaye!

I need to get all images from standalone instance into 'OnDemand Project'. Can i do this via the CSV option?

Brenda

Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2014

You could browse through these discussions on this matter:

You could as well zip your attachment and upload them into webdav. Then do an import using the JIRA import wizard for attachment only.

Suggest an answer