Administer customers' account/preferences for "Portal only customers" in JIRA Service Desk Cloud

Bojana Vasic November 14, 2017

Hi Community,

I have a scenario where jsd customer portal is not used by customers, however customers are "Portal customers only" , so no jsd accounts. Customer permission that is selected is "Anyone can raise/email request".

Now I would like to change the language preferences for a certain customers as an jira admin, but it seems not to be possible if the customers are "Portal only customers" and there by have "private accounts". Is there a way to to change the language preferences on behalf of customers in this case?

As a workaround I have converted ("Convert to Atlassian account" button) one of the customers who have a portal only access to Atlassian account instead and after that was done I removed the jsd licence. By doing that I've got the possibility to Log in as a user whom I have converted and that is partially what I want to achieve. However, what I do not want is customers to get an email that is saying that their jsd licence has bee revoked... Is there a way to block this email from being sent?

Or do you have some other suggestion for how to accomplish to administer customers' language preferences on behalf of customers in jsd cloud, because customers do not use the portal and that is why it can not be seamlessly changed by customers on their own?

Many thanks!

//Bojana  

0 answers

Suggest an answer