Admin: lost projects for custom field

Issue: added a project to a custom field. The previously-added projects were no longer linked. I didn't realize this would happen so I didn't record the previous set of projects. And now they're gone. I want to re-add the missing projects.

Question: How can I see what projects were added to this custom field before I made the change? Is there an audit or a history of change for custom fields at the *admin* level?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

There is an audit history for the new version of JIRA but I haven't explored it to see if it stores that level of info.

Regardless, you should be able to get the details if you have a DB or XML backup. You will have to check the ConfigurationContext table (or the equivalent XML tag in XML backup) if I remember correctly.

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping there would be something from the UI that I could check. I'll submit a Jira enhancement to warn the user that the existing settings are lost & allow cancelling out.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

292 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you