Admin: lost projects for custom field

Judy Lochrie April 16, 2014

Issue: added a project to a custom field. The previously-added projects were no longer linked. I didn't realize this would happen so I didn't record the previous set of projects. And now they're gone. I want to re-add the missing projects.

Question: How can I see what projects were added to this custom field before I made the change? Is there an audit or a history of change for custom fields at the *admin* level?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2014

There is an audit history for the new version of JIRA but I haven't explored it to see if it stores that level of info.

Regardless, you should be able to get the details if you have a DB or XML backup. You will have to check the ConfigurationContext table (or the equivalent XML tag in XML backup) if I remember correctly.

0 votes
Judy Lochrie April 22, 2014

Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping there would be something from the UI that I could check. I'll submit a Jira enhancement to warn the user that the existing settings are lost & allow cancelling out.

Suggest an answer