Admin login after installing non-existent. Fresh install issues.

T B October 29, 2013

Hi there! I installed a trial version of JIRA 6.1.2. (downloaded windows 64 bit) from Atlassian. After fiddling around with the tutorial and creating my own workflow, fields, screens, etc. I decided to call it a day.

Now, when I try to login it tells me that the username doesn't exist and when I try to give it my email it does not send any emails with my username.

We are talking about a fresh installation, I did not configure any users, however, it should at least recognize my admin password? Or am I missing something? Shouldn't the account from Atlassian work, considering I never made any users on the installation?

Sorry for the newbie question, however, I do not seem to wrap my head around it!

Edit: it was an on demand instance I configured it and then logged out. Now it won't take the username and I do not get any email! Should I drop the isntance? What's actually happening? Isn't my atlassian account supposed to work anyway (as an admin account? After all that's how I configured it!).

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2013

Hi TB,

I'd recommend that you file an issue on support.atlassian.com where our Support Engineers can help you figure out your login details and find out why you are not getting the retrieve password mail.

When you signup for an OnDemand account, you are prompted to create a login and password for JIRA. This is not the same as your Atlassian ID account. Not sure if this helps, but just raise an issue on supprot and we will help you! :)

T B October 30, 2013

Hello Pedro! Because it was a trial-version and only for experimental purposes ( to see how much JIRA's functonality extends) I reinstalled everything from scracth. And it worked! I do not know why the first glitch/bug occurred and I couldn't reproduce it afterwards. So, I will consider this closed for now, but probably I should have contacted the support team as that is the standard way to go!

Suggest an answer