Admin access for JIRA (& Confluence), but unable to use JIRA?

stacy_hung April 21, 2014

I've given administrative rights to a new user in my group -- he has the highest levels of persmissions for both JIRA and Confluence, but he is unable to view pages in JIRA or create tasks through JIRA. Confluence is fine. Help please?

2 answers

0 votes
stacy_hung April 21, 2014

Ah ok, I had added him to all the groups except the "users" group -- problem solved. Thanks for the help!

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2014

Having "the highest levels of persmissions" does not mean that the user has permission to create content in JIRA/Confluence. There is a quick way to figure out what permission a user has is JIRA (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-admin-helper-plugin). For Confluence, thats abit harder. You will have to first check the page restrictions, then space permission and last global permission.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2014

Another way to put this: Admin rights give you admin rights. Browse rights give you browse rights. They are separate permissions.

As an admin, your new user will be able to investigate his permissions, but I think they'll find they don't have any browse rights. Of course, as an admin, they can also fix it.

Suggest an answer