Adjusting/Editing Dashboard Gadgets

Nick DePrizio February 11, 2020

In aa filter results gadget for dashboard, how can I adjust the column width to essentially try and treat it as fit to width? 

Also how can I rename gadgets so they're intuitive relative to the filtering i've applied?

1 answer

0 votes
Seon Shakespeare
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2020

Hey @Nick DePrizio 

Adjusting Width 

It my understanding ins correct, and you would like to adjust the width of a gadget, you go to ‘Edit Layout’ and select the layout with the maximum width. All gadgets will then automatically ‘fit to width’

Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 13.49.00.png

Here’s a link for more info: Configuring custom dashboards

Alternatively, if you would like to keep your existing dashboard layout but would like to view that specific gadget in full screen only, you can select 'Maximise'. This will then update 'fit to width'

Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 13.59.42.png

Renaming the gadgets

Gadgets can be renamed in Jira Cloud

Here’s a link for more info:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2017/07/gadget-update

For Jira Server

Updating gadgets names in not yet a feature for Jira Server.

Here is a link to the feature request, currently in status: Future Consideration:
Editing gadget titles

However, as a workaround of sorts, if you have a gadget such as ‘Filter Results’, I’d recommend updating the ‘Filter’ name to suit, as this will be the title of your gadget (E.g Filter Results: [Filter Name])

Hope the helps some!

-Seon

Suggest an answer