Address Book functionality needed for JIRA and JIRA Service Desk

James L Cleckler September 21, 2016

We currently use BMC Footprints for our Service Desk.  It has a built in Address Book that displays the userid, first name, last name, email address, phone number, city, state, zip, office location #, department, job title, etc.  This is synced from Active Directory nightly via SQL script.  Does anyone have experience with a plug in that can replicate this address book functionality to allow me to add these fields to the create and edit screens?  I will also need to be able to sync data nightly with this plug in via our AD system.  The built in JIRA reporter field does not work for us.  We must be able to display the entire customer record.  Additionally, today we can enter 1 piece of data such as userid or city and all matching records appear asking for user input to select a record.  Once a record is selected the additional data is flooded to the additional fields. This is a must have for our environment.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Bajrak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2016

Hi,

I don't know how works BMC Footprints, but if you are looking solution to show data from Active Directory in create/edit/view screen I suggest using plugin Active Directory Attributes Sync. You can also show selected information in user profile page, user pop-up dialog, in JIRA Service Desk. There are also many other features, which allows you to use data from Active Directory or Ldap server.

Here you can find documentation: https://intenso.atlassian.net/wiki/display/AD/Active%20Directory%20Attributes%20Sync%20Home

I hope I've helped you.

Best Regards

James L Cleckler October 5, 2016

Thank You.

Suggest an answer