Addon Won't enable

Artomas April 30, 2013

I purchased The Scheduler 500 User count to match my Jira UC .... This addon will not enable no matter how many times I uninstall, Reinstall, Copy the license Key, paste the Key etc. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

3 answers

1 vote
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2013

Well, if the addon is throwing information in the JIRA logs, then you can find out whats wrong from there. Another thing you can check is whether you have the right version of the add-on for your JIRA version.

If not, you will need to raise an issue at their issue tracker.

0 votes
Artomas April 30, 2013

Tim,

If you can tell me which log to fish out and where to get it, I can go be your legs and get those out.

I did just perform the reindexing Ala, and the same error pops up =(

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2013
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2013

You just beat me to it, Tim. :)

Yes Artomas, JIRA logs can be found in the following location:

$JIRA_HOME/log/atlassian-jira.log

You may also want to refer to the server logs in the following location:
UNIX: $JIRA_INSTALL/logs/catalina.out
Windows: $JIRA_INSTALL/logs/stdout and stderr

0 votes
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2013

Adding on Timothy's answer, one of the reasons that this may be caused is due to indexes. You may want to perform re-indexing (System > Advanced > Indexing) to your jira instance and see if that helps to resolve this problem.

If that didn't help, another suggestion you can try is to Enable the plugin Safe Mode as per the documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Disabling+and+Enabling+Add-ons#DisablingandEnablingAdd-ons-Disablingorenablingalladd-ons(usingSafeMode)]

I hope that will help to fix the problem.

Suggest an answer