Adding your license key - Unknown error occurs

Aaron Langan August 3, 2014

I am currently trying to run a trial for the hosted version of JIRA. My company purchased JIRA onDemand a few months ago and we are currently evaluating whether or not to host onsite. However, when I downloaded the trial version of JIRA Server I did not receive a license key. When I select the option stating 'I have an account but no key' an unknown error occurs. I even tried creating a different account as a work around but eventually ended up with the same error message. Any ideas? Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2014

Hi Aaron,

Are you trying to obtain this license with the same account that you have your JIRA Cloud?

Otherwise (if you haven't done so) you need to create a new account with a new license request.

If that does work, you can create a ticket on Atlassian SAC (https://support.atlassian.com/) under "Customer Advocates" that they will be able to help you better.

Best of luck!

Aaron Langan August 4, 2014

Yeah I am tryin to obtain a license with the same account that I have for JIRA Cloud

Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2014

That is weird!

Your best shoot is to create a ticket on SAC as I mentioned before. They will be able to explain what is going on. :)

Suggest an answer