Adding watchers doesn't work for some users

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2014

Hello,

One of my jira-users tries to add a watcher, but it doesn't work.

He tries to do it in the issue itself, by clicking on the number before "Start watching this issue". There is no auto-complete at all and when he tries to add someone through his username or his name, he gets the message "User des not exist".

When he tries it through the issue and the button More - Watchers, he is capable of adding a user by it's username. But there is no consitency in the names, so this is not a solution.

In the Permission Scheme, I have set the Permission "View Voters and Watchers" and also "Manage Watchers" now set to Group: Anybody, but it still doesn't work.

What did I miss?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2014

This user may not have permissions to view the users he's looking for in the Global Permissions. Take a look at this article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Unable+to+Browse+for+Users+and+Groups

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2014

Thank you!

Indeed, that was it! Always hard to find it when after a while one person, by accident, lets you know that it doesnt work... :-)

Suggest an answer