Adding parent issue data to the sub-task

Ganga_Selvarajah November 17, 2013

Parent Issue has a text field call “Parent Type”. This filed got updated during the parent issue creation using “Copy Value From Other Field” post function.

Sub-task also has “Parent Type” field. I wish to tell the parent issue to update the sub-task “Parent Type” field, when Parent Issue is move from To Do to In Progress state.

Is it possible?

JIRA version 5.2.9

Thanks

Ganga S

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013

I would say read through the various posts about the same topic in this forum - http://goo.gl/kpw9k4

Ganga_Selvarajah November 18, 2013

thanks for the link. I can't find a answer for me setting it from parent to child during later updates.

thanks for the link. I can't find a answer for me setting it from parent to child during later updates.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2013
0 votes
Isaac Savage August 31, 2014

Hi Folks,

I'd like to copy the "mentioned-in" link (link to confluence page) from the parent-issue to the new sub-task. Do any of you have any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

0 votes
Ganga_Selvarajah November 20, 2013

Thanks Renjith.

We're not using Script Runner plugin. We're using Misc and JIRA Suite plugin's. There is a post to copy parent issue data to sub-task creation, but I want to update Parent issue data to sub-task, when parent issue move from one state another workflow state.

or

Is it possible to automatically transition through sub-task workflow state, when parent issue move from one workflow state to another?

0 votes

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2013

Conditioned Workflow Functions for JIRA has the Update issues post function which can update one or more issues. In your case, config a JQL query to find the subtask to be updated and then set it's custom field from the parent value.

Suggest an answer