Adding only the reply to the comment?

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2012

We are an ondemand user and we now have the capability to reply to an email and it gets added to the issue (yea!). However, we have tried all the different mail handler options for comments and still cannot figure out how to just add what the reply is as a comment vs the entire email -- just like what Atlassian does in their system. If you reply to an email, the comment doesn't include the original email sent, only the reply.

Does anyone know how to set this up in ondemand to work this way?

2 answers

0 votes
Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2012

I did try each of the mail handlers indicated, as well as tried setting the strip quotes parameter to true and then false, and then did not include the parameter altogether. In each case, it produced the same result -- all comments still had the full email content, not just the reply. The only one that produced a different output was the full email body mail handler, which did exactly that.

I didn't know if I needed to use the regex separator mail handler but was hoping Atlassian could explain how they setup their mail handler that provides the result that they have in their support system.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 10, 2012

In a standalone Jira the instructions are at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

Read the 'Strip Quotes' information in that page.

But OnDemand, sorry no clue :(

Suggest an answer