Adding label filters to Next-gen backlog

JAKE November 7, 2019

Hi,

if I use the standard "Label" in my Jira issues, the "Label" is automatically added to the filters above my backlog.

Can other label fields I created on my own be used in a similar way? If yes, how can I add those as filter in my backlog?

Thank you!

3 answers

0 votes
attia_jamil March 2, 2020

In classic Jira not New-Gen you can add a custom filter which appears at the top. not sure about new-gen though.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2019

@JAKE  - Did this answer the issue for you? If so, can you click on the Accept Answer button to close it out?

0 votes
Jason Stork
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2019

Any label you create will be in the label filter.  I am not sure what you mean by "other label fields".

JAKE November 11, 2019

Hi Jason,

I created a new Field "new Label" in my issues.

newLabel.PNG

While "Label" automatically becomes a filter in the backlog, "new Label" doesn´t ...

Filter.PNG

Jason Stork
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2019

"New Label" will not appear in the filters at the top of the backlog because you have created a custom field called "New Label".  Jira does not put custom fields as a category at the top of the backlog.

Suggest an answer