Adding issue types to workflow scheme

Lauren Brooker October 20, 2015

Hi,

I was looking through our resolved issues for myself to close as an administrator. However, I was told these issues needed to be tested first but the only option for them was to be resolved. 

Was this because the issue type they are under is not in the workflow scheme the project is set in?

Thanks,

Lauren

Please note: I am a new user within Jira, so I am just learning what is what. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2015

There's no way to know from what you've said there.

It does sound like the workflow for the issues only allows for "resolve" at the end of their life, even if they're not, but we can't really be sure of that.

To try to explain this bit though: "Was this because the issue type they are under is not in the workflow scheme the project is set in?"

A project has an issue type scheme which says "you may have these issue types in your project".  A project will never contain issue types that are not in the scheme.  A project also has a "workflow scheme" which will say "for issue type X, use workflow A, for issue type Y, use workflow B, and for all other issue types, use Z".  A workflow scheme always contains a default.

So, I think you need to look at the project header for the workflow scheme, see what workflow is in use for the issue type, and then check the workflow to see what it allows.  If you need something other than resolve, then you'll need to edit the workflow to add a new transition.

Suggest an answer