Adding issue custom fields to Jira Service Desk Customer Notification Emails

Jason Huntowski July 24, 2017

I know if I am sending a custom email using Scriptrunner, I can get a custom field value to display on outgoing emails. However, I was wondering if there was a way to add custom fields to outgoing emails from Jira Service Desks Customer Notifications section.

For Example: If I go into my Service Desk projects, Customer Notifications section and I select either "Edit" next to the notification I would like to alter or if I select "Edit Templates" at the top, I see I can add some system variables in there. But, is there a way to add custom field variables? Even if it requires calling the custom field manager or something?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2017

Hi Jason,

At this time you would need to use an add-on such as ScriptRunner.  There is an open Suggestion that you can find at JSDSERVER-4642 titled Ability To Add Custom Field Values to Service Desk Notification Template.

Please vote on JSDSERVER-4642 to add impact and you'll be notified when there are any updates!

Cheers,

Branden

Jason Huntowski July 31, 2017

Hi Branden,

Thank you for your response. When you say Scriptrunner, you are talking about creating a transition custom email or global listener email to send during the appropriate time, correct? There isn't some way that Scriptrunner interacts with the customer notifications in service desk, right?

Thanks,

Jason

Suggest an answer