Adding in an additional field in the view of Sub-tasks within an Issue

Jennnifer O'Brien June 25, 2013

Hi, i am trying to add in a Due Date field into the subtask section of an Epic/Story. So say we have an Epic and then a list of subtasks associated with it, at the moment when you scroll down the Epic, the fields that appear under Sub-task are Type, the Status, the assignee, time tracking reference. I have created the new field 'Due Date' but how do i get it to appear on the main page, so that at a glance a manager can see when that sub-task is due to finish? any help would really be appreciated

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2013

Looks like you are on onDemand. This is a restricted function in onDemand.

Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2013

it has to be entered in jira properties file then

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2013

Unfortunately, you can't do it in onDemand.

how do i do that? Yeah i think we are using on Demand.

oh right, thanks very much for your help here

Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2013

I guess in ondemand this functionality is not available as it is a hosted application from jira.

This is possible if you have hosted jira in your company

1 vote
Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2013

Hi Jennifer,

Go to your 'General Configuration' in administration section.

At the bottom , click on 'Advanced' and look for 'jira.table.cols.subtasks' this key.

Add your field 'Due Date' there.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=163939652

using 6.0-OD-15

i looked at the link but when i go to the advanced section i can't find that key, just wondering if i am missing something

Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2013

which jira version , you are using

check the link , i have given

Hi Dipti, thanks for that, but i don't seem to have that'jira.table.cols.subtask' key, i just have the below options, am i looking in the correct place?

Anuj April 26, 2017

We would need to activate the due date field for Subtasks. This is very important for us. Please suggest steps enable this feature at the earliest.

Note: We are using JIRA as a link which we enter it in the browser to use the product.

Suggest an answer