Adding in an additional field in the view of Sub-tasks within an Issue

Hi, i am trying to add in a Due Date field into the subtask section of an Epic/Story. So say we have an Epic and then a list of subtasks associated with it, at the moment when you scroll down the Epic, the fields that appear under Sub-task are Type, the Status, the assignee, time tracking reference. I have created the new field 'Due Date' but how do i get it to appear on the main page, so that at a glance a manager can see when that sub-task is due to finish? any help would really be appreciated

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Looks like you are on onDemand. This is a restricted function in onDemand.

it has to be entered in jira properties file then

Unfortunately, you can't do it in onDemand.

how do i do that? Yeah i think we are using on Demand.

oh right, thanks very much for your help here

I guess in ondemand this functionality is not available as it is a hosted application from jira.

This is possible if you have hosted jira in your company

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Jennifer,

Go to your 'General Configuration' in administration section.

At the bottom , click on 'Advanced' and look for 'jira.table.cols.subtasks' this key.

Add your field 'Due Date' there.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=163939652

using 6.0-OD-15

i looked at the link but when i go to the advanced section i can't find that key, just wondering if i am missing something

which jira version , you are using

check the link , i have given

Hi Dipti, thanks for that, but i don't seem to have that'jira.table.cols.subtask' key, i just have the below options, am i looking in the correct place?

We would need to activate the due date field for Subtasks. This is very important for us. Please suggest steps enable this feature at the earliest.

Note: We are using JIRA as a link which we enter it in the browser to use the product.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

281 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you