Adding image to custom field

Mani Kumar Chagarlamudi May 15, 2020

Hi,

Is it possible to add image to the custom field or set image as a custom field on issue create/Edit screen?

3 answers

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2020

Hello @Mani Kumar Chagarlamudi

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I understand you would like to attach an image to a field value in your Create/edit screen, however, it's not clear for me if you are talking about the field value, field title, or the description of the field. Can you let us know this information?

If you are talking about adding the image to the field value (As you can do when commenting on an issue), it would depend on what is the type of the custom field you are using.

In fact, the only custom field that supports image upload would be the Text field type. These would be the steps to configure the field to allow image uploads:

1. Navigate to the project where your custom field is being used > Project settings > Fields > Actions > Edit fields
  2. Find the Text custom field and Click on Renderers:
    Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 17.48.19.png
  3. Select to use the Wiki Style Renderer
  4. Once you do it, the option to add attachments will appear in the field format options:
    Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 17.52.59.png

Let us know if you have any questions

Mani Kumar Chagarlamudi May 19, 2020

Hi,

Yes, I want to add field values as image. It was selected to use the Wiki Style Renderer as you said but I can't see an option to attach image, this is on Cloud. Is this a limitation on Cloud?Capture Text field.PNG

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2020

Hello @Mani Kumar Chagarlamudi

Actually, the example I gave was in a Cloud site and, although I'm using the new issue view, you should also be able to add an Attachment to your field just fine like the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 16.43.04.png

That being said, please follow the steps below to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Check if you have the permission to create attachments in the project, under project settings > Permissions > Click on Permission helper at the top-right corner.
  2. Check if it is allowed to add attachments to your site under Jira settings > System > Attachments.

If the steps above didn't work for you, please provide us with screenshots of the results you found in the mentioned pages (Attachments and Permission Helper).

Mani Kumar Chagarlamudi May 21, 2020

Hi @Petter Gonçalves 

I can see the attachment option on issue view screen, but I am looking to have that option on issue Create/Edit screen. Also I have attached screen shots of Permission helper and system> AttachmentsCapture Permission helper.PNGCapture System_Attachments.PNG

Like Denise Prickett likes this
Mani Kumar Chagarlamudi May 21, 2020

Also, is it possible to add image to Field description?

Like # people like this
0 votes
David Wolfman March 10, 2023

....I love Jira....

0 votes
Tracy Miller May 11, 2021

I have the same question in a cloud instance.  I have turned on a field as a wikirenderer and check permissions but the wiki bar does not show up. 

Suggest an answer