Adding hold status - not sure about my workflow

suhaim abdussamad October 17, 2012

related to item 96986

Based on all the help I got with https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/96986/looking-to-add-a-new-status-called-on-hold-in-the-project I have copied the workflow and then edited it.

Before I activate it, I was wondering if this is the best way to add an on hold status? Also, will this cause any harm when I activate it? Just being very cautious about this.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2012

Yes, it's the best way, and you won't do any harm. Even if you get it wrong, you will be able to remove it again later. The only caveat there is that if you remove a workflow status, then any issues that are currently in that status will need to be migrated to another (Jira will ask you what to do with them when you swap the workflow back)

suhaim abdussamad October 18, 2012

Is this migration normal? This worries me a little.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2012

Yes, it's the best way, and you won't do any harm. Even if you get it wrong, you will be able to remove it again later. The only caveat there is that if you remove a workflow status, then any issues that are currently in that status will need to be migrated to another (Jira will ask you what to do with them when you swap the workflow back)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2012

Suggest an answer