Adding extra options (template) in the "other" button of to the comment field

Mireia Guinovart December 30, 2021

Screenshot 2021-12-30 at 11.46.45.png

Hi,

I would like to have in the drawback "other" button, the option to paste certain predetermined templates (for example a text saying: The result is:), the same way we can paste the structure of a table, code, panel etc.

Looking through the jira documentation (document) I found that fields can be modified but that the you need administration permits to do so.

My questions are the following:

1) Is there a way to do it without the permissions?

2) Can the administrator really include this extra fields in the "other" button?

3) How can it be done otherwise?

Thank you,

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2021

You cannot modify that drop down feature even with admin permissions. It sounds like maybe you want a “canned responses” feature? If so there are a few Marketplace apps that can give you this. There is also a feature request for this that I think Atlassian may ultimately implement but don’t quote me on that. I use an auto-text application for this which allows me to quickly insert pre-defined text.  An example app is Phrase Express, Auto-text, etc. The advantage of an independent app like this is that the work for any word editor (email, Word, Confluence, etc).

Suggest an answer