Adding customers for portal access to OnDemand Service Desk

joshlrogers October 6, 2014

I am at a loss, as of Service Desk 2.0 it is my understanding that we are supposed to have unlimited number of customers.  Customers are able to submit issues via the customer portal or through email. However, it seems that to be able to access the customer portal you still have to be a part of the jira-users group which then consumes a JIRA license which seems antithetical to saying you may have an unlimited number of customers.  I am hoping that since this change just happened with 2.0 that the documentation is either not up to date or not in existence yet and I am simply unable to figure it out on my own.  Could someone please clarify this for us?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2014

You might not have upgraded to the 2.0 pricing model, follow the instruction below to get it available for your instance. Be sure to go through the changes between the pricing models, for example the introduction of the collaborator roles:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ONDEMANDKB/Upgrading+to+JIRA+Service+Desk+2.0+and+moving+to+the+version+2+pricing+model

1 vote
Gregorio Luiz Gomez October 6, 2014

When in a Service Desk, go to People > Customers, then add your clients there. They will get an email to sign up to your Service Desk. This process does not consume a license like a 'jira-user' does.

joshlrogers October 6, 2014

Thank you for the response but that doesn't work; it doesn't allow them to log into the customer portal.

Suggest an answer