Adding custom fields onto jira issue details view when using Business project?

stepheb October 29, 2017

I am using one of the simple project management business boards that JIRA has and whilst it works very similarly to the Kanban board, there doesn't seem to be any board configuration that is possible which means there seems to be no way of editing the JIRA issue details view? 

I have a custom field called 'Customer' to allow me to run reports on open tasks for customers which then are displayed in accompanying confluence pages - i really want to be able to make this editable from the board view so that when creating or viewing tickets in the board, the customer can be displayed or entered.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2017

I'm afraid there is no board configuration for Business boards (yet)

stepheb October 31, 2017

Thanks Nic. I dont know where i can find any roadmaps or open feature tickets for these types of things, is there anywhere you recommend? (Not sure if you would know!)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2017

Atlassian keep them all (well, the public ones) in Jira over at https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa?selectedCategory=all&selectedProjectType=all

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2017

Hi Stephanie,

At board settings you can find an Issue Detail View Option to customize the fields.

Suggest an answer