Adding comments seems to have a bug and Jira is very slow

Laura Pignotti December 15, 2017

Hi

As from yesterday

- when we add a comment to a ticket a new window is opened and has the same text as the latest comment.

- And Jira seems to be very slow.

Can you help us?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2018

Hi @Laura Pignotti,

I am not sure I understand your first problem in regards to adding a new comment to an issue.  Perhaps you can create a screenshot or two that might help us understand the problem you are seeing a bit more clearly?

As for Jira being slow, could you let us know if you are using Jira Cloud or perhaps if you are using Jira server?  If you are not sure, then Jira Server would be hosted on your own server, whereas Jira Cloud will always end in either an atlassian.net or jira.com domain name.

Have there been any changes recently to your environment?  Such as upgrades, to Jira or plugins for Jira?

If running Jira Server, please let me know what version you are running.

Regards,

Andy

Laura Pignotti January 8, 2018

Hi Andrew. The issue when adding comments is not happening any longer, it was a strange behaviour that day, not sure why.

We use Jira Cloud, we haven't added plugins recently.

We use Chrome. Do you have a recommendation of memory GB recommended for our notebooks?

Thanks

Laura

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2018

Interesting, I don't get asked that particular question very often.  I tend to deal more with the server requirements.  Funny that I can't seem to find any clear recommendations for the client instances from Atlassian's documentation. 

I would suspect that a 4GB to 8GB instance should have plenty of resources for a client machine to be able to use Jira Cloud.  Honestly you could probably do so with less, however when you start using a lot of tabs concurrently in a browser like Chrome, I have noticed that the memory consumption tends to jump up considerably.   In my experience, any browser can use a lot of memory depending on the number tabs you might have open at once.

Laura Pignotti January 8, 2018

I agree, we have 8GB. Chrome does consume a lot when we have several tabs open.

Thanks Andrew. 

Suggest an answer