Adding comment issue

Aron Felberbaum January 28, 2015

When clicking on Comment button the Add button and Cancel link shows, however there is no edit box to type.

This issue is in a specific project.

Thanks in advance,

Aron

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2015

I've had that in Chrome and Safari a couple of times - quitting the browser and restarting it seemed to fix it for me - could you try that?  Also test on a different browser if you can?

Aron Felberbaum January 28, 2015

Same issue using Chrome, IE and Firefox. Restarting the browser did not help

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2015

Ok, that was worth a try. Next question is a bit more complex - is it possible to use firebug to examine the page loads and see if there are any glaring errors in there. Also, does your log file show any new errors?

Aron Felberbaum January 29, 2015

No errors on page, and no errors in atlassian-jira.log

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 29, 2015

Hmm, interesting. The next question is really "what has changed" - have you installed or upgraded plugins? Changed some config on the projects, look and feel or plugin config?

I could only think of installing "JIRA SSL Add-on.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 29, 2015

What happens if you remove it?

After further analysis I found that if I move this issue to a different project it works, changing to different workflow did not solve the issue.

What else would you suggest.

sorry, I'm a newbie to JIRA with little experience.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 29, 2015

For a newbie, you're looking in a lot of the right places and it's nice to have someone who actually looks at things properly and tries a different approach :-) Moving it to another project is a very interesting experiment, and nice call on ruling out the workflow too. That suggests that there is something project specific - my instinct would be that someone has tried to do something clever with javascript in the project where the comment field is broken... To work through that one: 1. Do you have any addons that might affect a project like this - specifically the Behaviours/Script-runner addon, or the field security addon. 2. What fields are on-screen when you edit an issue in each project? We're looking for a field definition that might have javascript that does something horrid to the comments...

Aron Felberbaum February 2, 2015

Found this is related to a "Behaviours" configeration of the "Script Runner" add-on

Suggest an answer