Adding banner to "Create" form of specific issue type

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2014

Can an On-Demand user create a banner at the top of a form of a specific issue type? See example lifted from Atlassian below. If so, is there a custom property I can invoke and provide the text?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2014

You can do so using the JIRA Toolkit Plugin (preinstalled in OnDemand, only have to enable it)

Using a Message Custom Fields

More info about the plugin at: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JTOOL/JIRA+Toolkit+Plugin

Cheers!
Mauro

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2014

Very good, thank you, Mauro.

Can you provide the HTML to encapsulate the text into a styled blocked section, in this example, with a blue bg? I assume there is an asset in the /images folder I could leverage.

Hmm, it doesn't look like the field can translate the HTML since it treats the code as text on the screen.

<div class="aui-message warning">
<p class="title">
<span class="aui-icon icon-warning">
</span>
<strong>Warning</strong>
</p>
<p>Danger Will Robinson.</p>
</div>

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2014

Sorry Paul but I haven't used it before. HTML insertions are mostly disabled on OnDemand so all customisations like that won't be possible I'm afraid.

Maybe someone around here knows more about it and can help you out.

Cheers,
Mauro

Suggest an answer