Adding assignee to batch email templates

Owen Mcdonald September 26, 2019

We've just upgraded to JIRA Server 8.4 and are looking to add the current assignee to the header of each batch email for issue updates.

I've been following the steps written in the link below, but am unsure as to what code I need to add to the Velocity templates to show the current assignee. Assignee is a standard field so the custom field instructions seem inappropriate for me.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/adding-custom-fields-to-emails-batched-notifications-968669988.html

2 answers

0 votes
Łukasz May 26, 2022

Could you please provide any hints what can be found under header variable? I was not able to find any doc with such an information.

0 votes
fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2019

Have you tried $issue.assignee.displayName?

AndreH April 29, 2020

Any update to this question?

I need to add several OOTB fields to the batch template as well.

I can only find Custom Fields, no OOTB fields.

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2020

In the meantime, one option is to use a third party app like Notification Assistant for Jira  (we make this).

Suggest an answer