Adding an admin interface for a scheduled task JIRA plugin development

Prameesha Samarakoon September 9, 2013

Hi,

I have added a scheduled task to my JIRA plugin, and I need to add a UI/admin panel to enter values that will be used in the scheduled task.

What would be the best option for me to use? What I need is ideally an admin panel or a interface in which I could let the users enter some options like a project name etc. and that entered detail needs to be retrieved in the class called by my scheduled job.

What options would be possible for this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MB
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2013

You should start using Atlassian Plugin SDK and create a simple JIRA plugin with a Servlet Plugin Module, so that you can design your page the way you like. The data that people enter on that servlet page needs to be persisted in order for the scheduled task to read it. I'm not sure how exactly scheduled tasks read/store any values, so I can't provide a further assistance for that. But in general it shouldn't be that difficult.

Suggest an answer