Adding a user

john ebert January 4, 2015

I am new to JIRA and am the administrator of our JIRA application. I am trying to add a user to our account. I create the user, send them an email. They respond to the email and create a password and the software says successfully added and they show up in User Administration as valid. Yet, when I go to an issue and try to add them as a user it only shows me as the only possible user to assign an issue to. Help!!!

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2015

You can only assign issues to users who have "assignable user permission" in the project.

Take a look at the project's admin screens and read what it has for the permission scheme.  In the scheme, look for the rules for "assignable user" (it will probably be "role: developers") and then make sure your new user matches at least one of the roles (i.e. in project users maintenance, add the user into the role of developers.  If my guess is right)

Suggest an answer