Adding a notice to transition

Antoni Calak June 9, 2014

Hi there, it's my first post :)

I would like to ask you, if you have ever found out how to add a notice to transition? What I mean, is the moment when user performs transition while posting a comment. It is possible to add validator that will show your notice, but it won't let the user to proceed ('cause it's validator). I'm looking for something like this, but with the possible proceeding option. E.g. "if the field XXX <= 20 display notice: YYY".

Any help will be appreciated :) Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Maybe I'll put my needs more precisely, 'cause possibly someone tried it before. Basically I would like to display a notice without any validation - if the remaining time is less than 10min left, then the warning should display. I'm wondering if maybe there is a plugin that will help me to do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Antoni Calak February 19, 2015

So, basing on Nic's answer, let me put it simple: IT IS NOT POSSIBLE. I regret it because it would be a great option for me.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2014

The structure of the workflows doesn't allow for this.

A validator really is a validator - the code returns a simple pass and lets the transaction proceed, or you get a fail (with an error message) and returned to the transition screen.

The closest you could get is maybe wedging some javascript onto the screen that watches what the user is doing and puts more text on the line when they go over the line.

Antoni Calak June 10, 2014

Thanks Nick!

I was afraid that it won't be so easy...

Maybe I'll put my needs more precisely, 'cause possibly someone tried it before. Basically I would like to display a notice without any validation - if the remaining time is less than 10min left, then the warning should display. I'm wondering if maybe there is a plugin that will help me to do this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2014

I've not seen one, probably because there's nowhere to hook it into.

Suggest an answer