Adding a new link in Issue -Subtask panel

Archana May 1, 2013

I am using Jira 4.4.5 version, I am trying to add a new link "View in issue navigator" in Subtask panel .Can anyone let me know how to add it inside the panel or even make it as a additional dropdown (under "Show Open")?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Archana May 1, 2013

Awesome,thanks found the value for section param in that plugin!Added the below code in my plugin.xml and it worked like a magic:)

<web-item key="viewissue" name="View In Issue navigator" section="com.atlassian.jira.jira-view-issue-plugin:view-subtasks/drop/subtask-view-options" weight="10">
<label>View In Issue Navigator</label>
<link linkId="subtasks-menu" absolute="false">/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true</link>
</web-item>

Thankyou Danial and Chaithra..

Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2015

Confirmed that this still work in JIRA 6.2.2. Just add the code to a pluing's atlassian-plugin.xml. Note that I fixed the link JQL to get it to actually display all sub-tasks in issue navigator. <web-item name="View In Issue navigator" key="viewissue" weight="10" section="com.atlassian.jira.jira-view-issue-plugin:view-subtasks/drop/subtask-view-options"> <label>View In Issue Navigator</label> <link absolute="false" linkId="subtasks-menu">/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&amp;jqlQuery=parent+%3D+${issue.getKey()}</link> </web-item>

0 votes
Chaithra N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2013

Hi,

I guess now the sub task view is part of a separate plugin.

If you have source code, may be you can refer jira-view-issue-plugin

0 votes
Archana May 1, 2013

Yes,In jira version 3.1.3 we had /includes/panels/issue/view_subtaskissue.jsp where I can modify the jsp to get it working. Just wanted to know the substitue (vm file)for that in the recent version or even to add a <web-item> in atlassian-plugin.xml need to know what value should I set for "Section" parameter.

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2013

Hey there, Archana.

What I can understand is that you are trying to add the View in Issue Navigator option in the Sub-task panel (button / dropdown). As far as I am concerned, you will have to customize your JIRA to achieve this, perhaps by modifying the source code itself or you can also seek the advice from Atlassian Experts (http://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts#find-an-expert). Besides that, let us see whether there are any other users who can share their opinion on this too. Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Danial

Suggest an answer