Adding a new context to a custom field results in "Content Encoding Error"

Hi,

When I click on the link to add a new context or edit the configuration of any of my custom fields firefox directs me to a page with the following error:

"Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression."

I get a similar error in chrome. You can see the stack trace here: (Stack trace.txt).

I am using Jira 4.4.5 and recently installed the JRA-29403 security patch. This has been working fine until now so maybe it is something to do with this?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Answer supplied by Atlassian support:

please try the following :

1. Stop JIRA
  2. Clear the contents of the <JIRA Install>/work directory
  3. Restart JIRA

The main cause of the problem is the corruption of caches due to installation of the patch.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

216 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you